Sunday, May 29, 2016

Micro Fractional Laser Treatment - The Saviour to my Skin!


Since my schooling days, I have always been facing skin problems. The usual breakouts and oily skin when you are in your teens. And now, I do make an effort to put on mask every alternate nights just to keep my skin hydrated. Actually I have visited many good doctors to get my skin treated and it did helped but as we aged, more problems seems to surface.

In preparation for the Mrs Asia International 2016 this coming June, I need to get my skin prepared and hopes to achieve a radiant and healthier looking skin!

Was sharing with Dr Shens on my concerns of the pores and the residual acne scars left behind and guess what? He actually have a solution for me!

He recommended the Micro Fractional Laser Treatment which is the choice to treat acne scars, signs of aging, uneven pigmentation and ah-ha, new collagen production for up to 6 months with following treatment. On my god! The saviour to my trouble skin.


So what's exactly is Fractional CO2 laser?

Fractional CO2 uses small columns of fractionated energy to ablate areas of damage. Tiny wounds are made the surroundings healthy skin helps with healing, making new collagen and elastin. Improvement in wrinkles, discolouration and scarring by stimulating collagen production as well as skin tightening are some of the promises that Fractional CO2 laser makes.

Fractional CO2 resurfacing can erase years and dramatically improve the appearance of scars, wrinkles and pigment, but it is not a lunchtime procedure. Downtime can be anywhere from several days to up to 2-weeks. During the healing process, the new skin is red and very dry at first, then pink then heals back to normal


The Cost : S$800.00 before GST


Here's the process;

First, numbing cream was applied onto my face area and need to leave it for 20 minutes before the treatment commenced.



The in-between wait, let's take a selfie!


And so, the process was done really fast. I have Dr Shens next to me with the laser and another nurse holding a tube producing a gush of cold air blowing on the treatment area. It was comfortable during the treatment except for some areas where your skin is thinner, it felt like a sting.

Immediately after the treatment


So excited to see the results!
Dr Shens advised to apply plenty and plenty of moisturizer and sun screen for the first 6 days to keep the skin hydrated.


The before


Day 1



Day 2


Day 3 - The peeling starts


Day 4 - Almost recovered



The Post Treatment
During the first two days, I can feel the tightness on the cheek area and slight pain whenever I laugh, very similar like sunburn. And I think I am quite a champion, went back to work on Day 3 but of course, with a mask on and far far away from the sunlight.
Well, I looked really terrible the first 3 days, looks like I have fell onto a bbq pit! Ha but really excited to see and feel the end results. After all, all this skin problems was accumulated for so many years, I do not mind bearing this look for the first 3 days.


Day 5 - OMG, the glow!



Day 8 - With minimal makeup


The Results
You will see some immediate results after 6 days and I was told that your skin will take up to 3-14 days to heal. As the color returns to normal, you will see fewer lines, less blotchiness, and more glow!

Again, thank you Dr Shens and his team for taking care of me!

Shens clinic is located at;

3 Killiney Road, Winsland House 1, #09-08, Singapore 239519
Telephone : (65) 69044488
Mobile: (65) 96416744

Opening Hours 
Monday to Friday : 09:30AM - 06:30PM
Saturday : 09:30AM - 02:30PM


XOXO
LOVE


No comments:

Post a Comment